Small Press Fantasy Works
This page is an index of self published novels or small press novels in the fantasy genre that I have put in the spotlight. Each listing has a page about the book and a link to where you can purchase it. If you are an author of a fantasy book and you would like to have your book listed here you can send me an email. I would be happy to add your book to this list.
- Brothers & Kings by Dennis Santaniello - A young Spanish soldier named Sardina joins the Pizarro Brothers as they conquer the vast and rich Inca Empire. Meanwhile, through the lush and dangerous jungles of Vilcabamba and the great golden cities of Cajarmaca and Cusco, Manco Inca, the newly crowned King, faces an inevitable dilemma: what to do with these evil invaders?
- Horn of the Kraken by Stephen B. Pearl - During the sword age of Ragnarok, the Norse apocalypse, a group of heroes must steal the horn of the kraken from Hakon, the bastard pretender to the throne of Norveig, who is using it to force kraken to sink the ships of Jarl Eric Bloodaxe, in a bid to win the war between them.
Shadow's Rise by Joseph J. Bailey - A blend of Western fantasy and Eastern martial arts and mysticism, Shadow's Rise is the first book of the Chronicles of the Fists , an epic trilogy recounting Yip's adventures against all odds.
The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith - What happens when "happily ever after" has come and gone?
The composer by Lee Pritchett - The latest book by Lee in his series of enchanting children's stories
- Twignibble by Henry, Josh and Harrison Herz - Illustrated by Debi Pickler
- Masters Mysterium: Wisconsin Dells by R.R. Reynolds
- The Emerald Tablet (Legends of Amun Ra) By Joshua Siverman
- The Tanarian Chronicles - Takes a fresh new look at Merlin and what actually happened to him.
- Kri: (The Immortal Tales) by S.J. Vallenga
- The Kings' Council by Kristen Reed - The Kings' Council is the story of Alazne Katarin Lorea Viteri, the princess of the fire fey.
- The Last Summoner by Nina Munteanu - Historical Fantasy novel that revolves around the Battle of Grunwald in 1410
- Enchanters: Glys of Myradelle by David Bryan Russell - The story revolves around the 19-year-old eco-warrior Glys Erlendson who makes a chilling discovery: she is not human.
- The Sword of Oranam - Children's Fantasy book by Skip Quimby
- Pestilence: A Medieval Tale of Plague by Jeani Rector, The editor of The Horror Zine
- The Witch's Hand by Wendy Joseph
- Nimpentoad by Josh and Harrison Herz - An epic fantasy story for kids
- Geoffrey Bumble and Friends by Lee Pritchett
- Blood Divided by Kevin James Breaux - This is Part 2 of the Soul Born Saga
- The Crystal Realm Krytor's Return by C.J. Ballantyne - Two Worlds. One Enemy. A young boy's amazing journey into a lost subterranean world. Hanging around his neck is the only hope for all mankind
- Wizard's refrain and Dark Side of the Mirror by R.L. Austin Wizards Refrain took 26 years to write and it was worth the wait!
- Medieval: The Book of Loss by Dallas S. Paskell - Starius Duro is forced to leave his home after a duel for his sister's honor ends badly and the family and adventuring team of the nobleman he fought are out for revenge.
- Lions of the Grail by Tim Hodkinson - its about a knight's adventures in early 14th century Ireland and weaves elements of myth from medieval romance to real historical events.
- Thinblade by David A. Wells - When second son Alexander Valentine loses his brother to an assassin's arrow, he discovers that his family protects an ancient secret and reluctantly finds himself at the center of the final battle of a war that was supposed to have ended two thousand years ago.
- Rebellion: Chronicles of Charanthe by Rachel Cotterill
- Master of Time by Nickel Crow - Finally 18, the young wizard Caylem is old enough to attend the fabulous Castle Xanastad to study magic under renowned Headmaster Fjenstel, but not long after he
- Save Magic City by Rocsanne Shield Includes information about the book, an excerpt and an interview with the author.
- Children of Discord by C.C. Cole The second book in the Gastar Series
- NetherWorld by Daniel Pagan A young man opens a door to a world inside his computer while playing a video game. Drawn into this cyber dimension, where green data streams flow from the Silver Forest into the Walled City, he embarks on a journey. His guide, a dizzy blue sphere known as WhizzyWig, helps him reach his destination. He encounters the Duke of Floppys, NazKlan of the Salted Sands, and the Tainted Ones...
- The Unfinished Song: Book 1: Initiate by Tara Maya
- The Rise of the Shadows (fantasy) by Kelly Hunt Collins
- Shadow Fox by Ashley J. Barnard (Dark Fantasy)
- Defender of the Realm by Corey Holst -(Action/Adventure Historical Fiction)
- Halith by Kirsten Kelly
- The Silver Cage by Mik Wilkens
- Berty Tumblefluff and Friends by Lee Pritchett
- Soul Born by Kevin James Breaux
- Rhone by John A. Karr - Mars has a hero that will defy both god and man ...
- The Sword and the Dragon by M.R. Mathias
- The Royal Dragoneers by M.R. Mathias
- The Overlords series of Books - Seven men and a special dog embark on a journey to find the coveted Treasure of the Land, the bounty left behind by the ancient Four Kings.
- The Tale of the LifeSong Fantasy Series by Greg Hamerton
- Blood Loyalty by D. Fay - The tale is set in the world of Eoc and tells part of the struggle between the Terreni, who are the stewards of a physical and magical substance called Eoc's Blood, and the Society of the Elite who are an organization of undead made up of all the various races that populate the world.
- Something Red by Douglas Nicholas - *Something Red* has an elegant prose style, shapeshifters, Irish battle queens, young love and much more.
- Worlds Unseen by Rachel Starr Thomson - When a dying friend shows up at Maggie's island home bearing proof that the "myths" are not myths at all, but reality - and that the enemy of the ancient days is coming back, and their only hope of stopping him is in finding the King - Maggie agrees to carry the proof to a scholar on the continent who may be able to help her piece together the truth about her world and the secrets of her own past.
- The Sword and the Dragon by Michael Mathias - If you know who Bran, Fitz, and Simon are, then this epic fantasy is right up your alley!
- Act of Redemption by C.C.Cole - A vision of a post-apocalyptic world without humans
- The Sworn by Gail Z. Martin - pre release sneak peek materials
- The Deeds of David Hobbes by Stephen Shepard
- BloodMaiden by Christine Schulze
- The Knight of Darkened Light by Andrew Legend
- Dark Lady's Chosen by Gail Z. Martin - Book four of the Chronicles of the Necromancer series
- Emerald by M.L. Hamilton - An epic fantasy novel that is being called Gripping!
- Firefly Island by Daniel Arenson - Aeolia, a young girl, is torn from her brother and sold to an ogre.
The ogre takes her to his distant farm, where he shackles and enslaves
her. . . .
- Psyche's Gate by Danielle D. Smith -Psyche is a young visual artist struggling to jumpstart her painting career. Alexius is a powerful warrior angel banished to roam the earth wingless because of his disobedience.
- The Month of Zephram Mondays - A young Adult Fantasy Novel
- Diarmuid O'Briain - A Queen of the West - A swords and sorcery novel
- Lee Pritchett - The Tale of Greta Gumboot and Other Stories; fun fantasy reading about wizards, dragons and more.
- Thomas Thurman - Author of Not Ordinarly Borrowable - Read more here A children's and young adult novel that is about a book stolen from a library - the thief is none other than a dragon!
- Scott C. Wilcox - Author of Magical Beasts Investigation Unit
- Kathryn Le Veque - A Prolific author of Historical Fantasy
- Jack Eason - Author of Turning Point and Onet's Tale - Science Fiction set in New Zealand
- Maldene - by Mark Anthony Tierno - Maldene is a world of magic and ancient secrets, but one under the dark shadow of a powerful wizard named Miro, whom it is said even the gods fear.