- Velgarth, This is the world of Mercedes Lackey; There are several series of books that take place in this world including the Heralds of Valdemar, The mage Winds, The Mage Storms, Darian's Tale, The last Herald Mage and Vows and honor. All told there are over 20 novels that take place in this world. There is magic in this world and it refers to the ability to use a normall invisible form of energy called Mage Power. Mercedes Lackey Books
- Midkemia - World created by Raymond Feist in his Riftwar Novels. It is very similar to Earth and has three continents. One of the big things about this world is the rift. Rifts are openings between worlds and there is a rift and war between Midkemia and Kelewan. Riftwar books
- Shannara - Terry Brooks Created this world The books of Shannara This is a world that is set in the distant future and magic and medieval life has been reverted to. Science has been lost and the novels follow the Ohmsford family, A movie is in production for the second book in the series called The Elfstones of Shannara.
- Rofehaven, Indhopal and Inkarra The three kingdoms in the Runelords series
- The Realm of the Elderlings - By Robin Hobb including the Farseer Trilogy, The Liveship Traders Trilogy and the Tawny Many trilogy Robin Hobb Books
- The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros - Created by George R.R. Martin and in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, Reminiscent of Medieval Europe. A song of Ice and Fire Books
- Malazan - The world created by Steven Erikson in his series Malazan: Book of the Fallen Books of Malazan
- The Land - Middle earth like world created by Stephen Donaldson in his Chronicles of Thomas Covenant books Books in the Land of Thomas Covenant
- Middle Earth - Created by J.R.R. Tolkien Middle Earth Books
- Osten Ard - World created by Tad Williams in his Memory, Sorry, and Thorn series Tad Williams Books
- Erde - A world created by L. E. Modesitt for the Spellsong Cycle of books. It is a world where song hsa magical power. Books In Erde by Modesitt
- Corus (also known as Acorus) Created by Modesitt and The setting for The Corean Chronicles. Magic plays a dominant role in this world. Corean books
- Amber - Created by Roger Zelazny in his Chronicles of Amber Series The Books of Amber
- Pern - World Created by Anne McCaffrey in the Dragonriders series Pern Books although it is a fantasy world there are some science fiction aspects to it and PERN stands for P arallel E arth, R esources N egligible. It is most famous for its dragons and its dragonriders who are psychically linked. If you are looking for a place to start try: Dragonsong (Harper Hall Trilogy)
- Gwynedd of the Eleven Kingdoms created by Katherine Kurtz in her Culdi novels. Deryni books by Katherine Kurtz Camber of Culdi (Legends of Camber of Culdi, Vol 1) is the first book
- The Continent - Melanie Rawns world for theDragon Prince Trilogyand Dragon Star Trilogy This is a world of political intrigue and it is inhabited by dragons, war, sorcerers and sunrunners which are people able to use the sun and moon for spellcasting and communicating.
- Redwall - An abbey and its surrounding area. The inhabitants are a variety of animals. It is created by Brian Jacques Redwall Books
- Hyboria - The land of Conan
A Note from Will:Do you have a favorite world that you would like to see on this page? Want to write up a summary of the world? Send me an email!